There are a number of unorthodox Legionella service providers which do not provide credible protection policy against prosecution.
- Laptop risk assessments and Legionella water test kits from a local retailer do not provide a full protection policy nor in some cases any guarantee of results.
- It is recommended by NLIC that full protection policy is provided by a risk assessment covering all forms of Legionella and that a water sample is obtained for laboratory testing (if there is a deemed risk).
- Our advice is to ask your service provider to indemnify you against prosecution. Ask them to supply free replacement water tank/shower heads (in the event of a deemed risk).
- Ask them for witness support
- Ask them to train your staff for free
- Ask them to fix their rates for a period of time
- Ensure they do not charge for any secondary call-outs
What to do:
- Do not pay up front for any services.
- Do not let any provider have access to your database.
- Make sure the supplier will carry your protection policy in a court of law.
- Use services which provide full protection policy. Ask to see the protection policy and company insurance cover.